Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Private

So Jimmy my new private pilot had his first lesson today. We didn't go out flying, it was more of a get together and discuss plans and expectations. We talked about his goals, why he wants to do aviation, and what I can do as an instructor to meet his particular needs. I went over the importance of communication with him. I want to be able to do everything necessary so that this student excels and I feel proper communication is the key to that. I explained that I will be prompt to return his phone calls and I expect the same from him. We talked about the importance of being on time and how that will throw off everybodies flight schedule if we are not punctual. Preflight operations were also discussed, I expect a thorough preflight, knowledge of weather conditions, aircraft condition (maintenance), pilot reads, and a new weight and balance completed before each flight. We talked about the grading criteria and what kinds of things are considered valid absences and what are not. Overall the student seemed pretty excited and eager to begin his training, I am excited to instruct Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment